Several of you have asked for an update on me...well here it is.
Last week I has a follow-up appointment at KU Med. I did an MRI and met with the doctor afterwards. The doctor overloaded me with a lot of news, that I wasn't expecting. First of all, I had a new lesion on the base of my brain. This shocked me since it had only been 3 months since my previous MRI. The doctor assured me that this wasn't an aggressive form and we have cought the MS early. So, yes, this did confirm that I do have MS. With all of this my doctor wanted me to hold off on more children and focus on starting treatments to get a handle on the MS. We will reevaluate in a year. This was a huge disappointment to me. I had been hoping to conceive another child soon and now these best layed plans will have to wait.
I start my daily injections this week. They are sending a nurse out to my home to show me (and Heath) how to give myself the shot each day.
It's been a hard week, but I have to stay postive and move forward. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I ask for strength as I give myself a shot each day, prayers that I have no reactions and that the shots will slow the progress so that someday (hopefully soon) Heath and I will be able to have another child.
~Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment