Today my grandpa celebrates his 85th birthday! Happy Birthday (Great) Grandpa from us all!
I remember spending a week each summer with him and my grandma. Though they didn't live too far away it was a great time. Grandpa would teach me how to play different card games while grandma and I worked on plastic canvas crafts. Lunch was always at 11:30 because they watched a soap opera during that time, then the news at 12:00 and then if it was Monday, Wednesday or Friday Grandpa would head out at 12:20, just after the weather, to go play cards with his buddies. This gave me and Grandma more time to work on our craft projects. Oh the memories...
I remember Grandma McKim whistling while she swept the floor at our house. She would also whistle along as I played the piano. What a blessing to have a grandma live out our back door!
ReplyDelete